[Nottingham] Bibliographic software

Iain Moppett Iain.Moppett at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 27 12:28:20 BST 2004

Join the club: I too am thesis writing and I'm ashamed to say I'm having to use the workround of writing everything in OOW, and occasionally reinserting the unformatted references from Endnote in Windows ({author, year, #no}).  The only software I could find was for Tex.  The big advantage of Endnote etc over hardcoded bibliography is the downloadable nature from Medline etc.

If anyone has any bright ideas I'd be very grateful.  Perhaps we could persuade LinuxFormat or simlilar to run a tutorial on how to code such a pice of software!

Iain

Iain Moppett
Clinical Lecturer
University Department of Anaesthesia
C Floor, West Block
Queen's Medical Centre
Derby Road
Nottingham
NG7 2UH
UK
+44 (0)115 924 9924 Ext 42855
iain.moppett at nottingham.ac.uk

David Wolfson said:
> Does anyone know of/use any in linux and/or with open office?  Having made
> the move, it now occurs to me that I might actually have to do some work
> in Linux, and since this is largely going to involve writing a thesis I'm
> going to need to use some sort of bibliographic software with oOo.  I've
> been using Endnote in windows, but there's seems to be NO support for this
> in liunx.  I'm in the process of looking at the dev projects at oOo, but
> thought I'd drop a line to see if anyone was already using anything...

I've never tried it, but I believe OpenOffice is supposed to have
bibliographic capbilities buit in as standard.

--
David Bottrill

david at bottrill.org
www.bottrill.org