[Nottingham] Bibliographic software

Iain Moppett Iain.Moppett at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 27 14:29:10 BST 2004

Before you guys wax too lyrical about the joys of Tex, some of us like the woolly clickyness of GUI - isn't Linux about choice?  Besides which, my supervisor is a Word addict, and we exchange ideas via the comments / notes bits of Word /OOW.  I'm sure someone must have a GUI solution hidden away.

Many thanks,

Iain

Iain Moppett
Clinical Lecturer
University Department of Anaesthesia
C Floor, West Block
Queen's Medical Centre
Derby Road
Nottingham
NG7 2UH
UK
+44 (0)115 924 9924 Ext 42855
iain.moppett at nottingham.ac.uk

Johannes Kling wrote:

>> [Snip: Ode to LaTeX]
>
> LaTeX's lovely for many things, including references, but a warning
> is in order: it requires a fair amount of getting used to to become
[---]
> usually a cobbled up LaTeX document still looks significantly better
> than even a well done document produced by OOo, MS Word or other
> WYSIWIG editors of their ilk. ---

A bit like comparing the precision of using the command line to the
woolly clickyness of a desktop GUI.

(;-))

martin at ml1.co.uk