[Nottingham] Bibliographic software

Roger Light Roger.Light at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 18:49:00 BST 2004

Hi,

> > > Before you guys wax too lyrical about the joys of Tex, some of us
> > > like the woolly clickyness of GUI - isn't Linux about choice? Besides
> > > which, my supervisor is a Word addict, and we exchange ideas via the
> > > comments / notes bits of Word /OOW.  I'm sure someone must have a
> > > GUI solution hidden away.

> Just put my twopenoth in.  Has anyone mentioned LyX yet? I've never used it
> myself but it supposed to provide a GUI frontend to Latex.

I use LyX and absolutely love it. Good documentation to get you going and it is very easy to produce nice looking documents. Version control through CVS is built in. Bibliography with bibtex as previously mentioned.

Looking on sf.net, one of the top projects when you search for "bibiliography" is sixpack, which I know nothing about but it does looks to be pretty easy (and supports bibtex).

Cheers,

Roger