[Nottingham] [TALK] TOMORROW 20/04/2005 DVD & Multimedia

Michael Leuty gmleuty at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:31:08 BST 2005

On 4/19/05, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> This is a talk and demonstration of what Linux can do to Video!

I'm very sorry that I was unable to attend the meeting last week. I
wonder whether I can be cheeky and ask a question here which I would
have raised had I been there?

I have a load of old analogue Video 8 tapes, which I am in the process
of archiving onto DVD using a Sony recorder. This produces (what i
think are) standard DVDs with several VOB files.
Like all home movies there is a lot of dross, so I would like to
extract chunks of video from these DVDs (without loss of quality),
edit them, and burn the result onto a new DVD.
Can this be done under Linux, and if so, which bits of software ought
I to be looking at?

Many thanks,

The Absent Mike

--