[Nottingham] Capturing SPDIF input to disk

James Gibbon jg at jamesgibbon.com
Tue Aug 2 23:58:11 BST 2005

Anyone know of a soundcard / software combination that can be
used to record from the SPDIF (digital) output from my DAB tuner,
preferably to WAV files so I can edit them easily using Audacity
before burning?

I know a few soundcards have SPDIF inputs, coaxial and/or optical,
but I don't know if any of them work well, if at all, with Linux
in that respect. Any ideas?

At the moment I record to CDRW using a standalone burner; then
transfer to disk using cdparanoia. Would be nice to simplify the
process a bit.

Thanks,
James

--