[Nottingham] any issues symlinking /tmp -> /var/tmp ?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 08:44:52 BST 2005

On Sunday 14 August 2005 09:52, Michael wrote:
> I guess I'll have to kill a bunch of processes to free up /tmp anyway!

By chance I saw Robert Postill yesterday and he suggested mounting /tmp
and /var/tmp from elsewhere over the top of the existing /tmp (as per
Solaris) in which case, running processes needn't be disrupted.

Regards,
Michael Erskine
(back in the office with a massive email backload after 2 weeks of holiday!)

--
Bounders get bound when they are caught bounding.
  -- Ralph Lewin