[Nottingham] Re: NLUG Website revamp (Was: Databases; 2: SCM)

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 24 10:15:07 BST 2005

>> We have had a brief run-down of html hacking, Wiki, or CMS. The general
>> view was to either have a morphed -> NLUG wiki with edit access
>> restricted to people whom are known, or hack a CMS system.
>>
>> Other's thoughts?
>
>Seems to me we need a diary, a general descriptive page, and areas for
>discussion / ideas / tips.   Then there were those book reviews (what
>happened to the books?).

I've seen some really good wiki's *out there*. If some areas were open to editing by list members, then we could all *volunteer* when needed.

Could certain posting also become a 'interesting problems, and how NLUG fixed them' section?

Sorry not to offer much help myself, but the last thing work/house move needs right now is another procratination/distraction!

Dave