[Nottingham] SUSE linux 10 and a wireless LAN - help?

Michael Leuty gmleuty at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 10:33:00 GMT 2005

On 19/12/05, Godfrey Nix <godfrey at gnnix.co.uk> wrote:
> I have just been asked by a friend to help with a new SUSE installation
> he has set up on his computer. It is now dual Windows/SUSE 10 booting.
> The problem is the wireless lan connection.

Other thoughts. I've installed SUSE on 2 laptops.
On one the wireless worked "out of the box" after I had downloaded the
ACX100 driver from Update.
On the other I used ndiswrapper. I encountered a problem because YAST
had already identified the card, and trying to enter the ndiswrapper
information into the pre-existing YAST entry failed to work. As far as
I can remember, I succeeded by deleting the pre-existing entry, then
ndiswrapper connection.

(This doesn't sound very technical, because I'm not.   :-)

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK