[Nottingham] Help wanted in Hucknall

Michael Leuty gmleuty at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:16:38 GMT 2005

On 20/12/05, Michael Simms <michael at tuxgames.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005, Dave Chapman wrote:
> > > Last week I dropped off a box at my parents house in Hucknall it has OpenSUSE
> > > 10 installed on it.  What I need is someone to go round and get them connected.
> When I did this some years ago, they used to lock the MAC address that
> the router would talk to as the first one it finds.

I don't think the MAC address is locked any more.

However, you do have to register with the system when you first start
using it. Until you've done that you can't get out onto the Internet.
 If you have a Windows machine you use the CD supplied by the
engineer. (That's how I set up mine, as my PC dual boots Windows.)
I remember someone on this list saying that you can register using
Linux, but it involves pointing your browser at a specific web page.

P.S. grateful client has just delivered Christmas cake to our office
for the staff. Three penguins on top. Serendipitous, or what?

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK