[Nottingham] Help wanted in Hucknall

Peter Chang Peter.Chang at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Dec 20 18:09:53 GMT 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Michael Leuty wrote:
> > the router would talk to as the first one it finds.

> I don't think the MAC address is locked any more.

That's correct according to Robin Walker's page:
 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/swap.html#swap

You can get connect another machine to the cable modem as long as you
power-cycle the modem. There's also a limit of 3 different MAC addresses
served by NTL's DHCP server per 4 hour period.

The tips of Robin's site are very useful and show how to register using
any OS with a web browser that has Javascript support.

Peter