[Nottingham] Some fun with the "free" VMware Player

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 14:20:17 GMT 2005

On Thursday 22 December 2005 13:00, Michael Leuty wrote:
> Does all this emulation help in running Windows applications under
> Linux? I'd like to convert all the church office clients to Linux but
> there are a few Windows apps which have to be run on at least one of
> them (for accounts, and so on).

We talked about this at length at last night's meeting: we have some good qemu
experience in the group and I intend to ride the qemu learning curve over the
next few weeks. Whether qemu can do what you want will be largely down to
what you want :) -- as always, suck it and see!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Ten years of rejection slips is nature's way of telling you to stop writing.
  -- R. Geis