[Nottingham] PHP

Robert Ross rross at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 15:20:31 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

Having a bit of a problem with setting up PHP4 to run with apache2.

I have set up a server from scratch and installed apache and PHP from the
start.  I am now in the process of putting on some virtual hosts, but when I
try to run .php pages I get an error telling me the file is an
"application/x-httpd-php" and would I like to download it or open it in an
appliation!  The mime type seems to be OK and on the main server the page
opens without any problems, it just seems to throw a wobbly on the virtual
server.

Has anybody any ideas?

Cheers,

Robb