[Nottingham] Re: SANE:HP scanjet 5370c

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 20:34:37 GMT 2005

OK. This makes sense, but how do I find the bin file I want? The ones on the windows installation CD appear to be related to the windows gui, or are somewhere in cabfiles (I'm currently learning how to used cabextract & unshield).

I guess once you've go the right one it's just a case of adding a line to the .conf file in sane.d...?

Cheers for the tip. Still hunting,

Dave
___________________________
David Wolfson

Institute of Biomechanics
School of 4M
University of Nottingham

eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Tel: 0115 951 3277
On Wednesday 02 February 2005 00:02, Martin wrote:
> A common thing missing is that you need to copy the (windows) *.bin
> (firmware) file for your scanner somewhere so that it can be uploaded
> into the scanner at startup. There should be a pointer in the sane
> config file to do this for your scanner.

This was certainly the problem on my system: once I found the relevant file
and copied it to where SANE wanted it, everything started working.

--
David Aldred