[Nottingham] Re: SANE:HP scanjet 5370c

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Wed Feb 2 21:39:04 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 20:34, David Wolfson wrote:
> OK. This makes sense, but how do I find the bin file I want? The ones on
> the windows installation CD appear to be related to the windows gui, or are
> somewhere in cabfiles (I'm currently learning how to used cabextract &
> unshield).

I don't know the answer to this for the HP model.  For mine (an Artec) the
file was on the Windows device CD as 'artec48.usb': I picked the XP version
as the latest on the CD, and have had no trouble.

> I guess once you've go the right one it's just a case of adding a line to
> the .conf file in sane.d...?

saned.conf doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.  Again for the Artec,
there's a file as part of the sane installation called 'artec_eplus48u.conf'
which contains a line for the path to the firmware file.   I actually droped
the firmware file into /etc/sane.d, and haven't put a path into
artec_eplus48u.conf - it works, presumably since it's in the same directory!

--
David Aldred