[Nottingham] NTL webspace settings

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Thu Feb 3 20:26:35 GMT 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 20:15, Joshua Lock wrote:
> I did it all from OS X, you don't need the NTL disc. You can do it
> through the WWW.

If you're clever. Which excludes me! (I have my competencies, but
hacking is not one of them.)

> Alas it's done.

Any disadvantages? All their software is languishing on my (rarely used)
WinXP partition.

> Anyhoo reliable web space, 50MB of it.

Glad to hear it's reliable.

> Only problem is they only support standard HTML so if you want
> anything dynamic you'll have to look elsewhere.

My main sites are hosted by 1&1 who do the dynamic stuff (not that I use
it much, vide supra). Mostly I want to use the webspace for
transferring files between home and work.

> > Can anyone tell me how I may FTP into my NTL webspace?
> Sure

And thanks to you, too.

What pleasant folk you all are.   :-)

--