[Nottingham] OT: assorted kit for sale

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Sun Jan 30 22:54:02 GMT 2005

Hi all

Please excuse the lame attempt to hawk my wares on this list :)

In a desperate attempt to clear up the towering heaps of kit I have
accumulated over the last ten or so years, following you'll find a list of
assorted decrepit, knackered, old, slow bits and pieces which I have been told
by the other half to finally stop gathering dust in our spare room. So they
can move to your spare rooms and gather dust there, instead!

Offers for the following will be appreciated. Keyboard/mouse not included
unless categorically stated (you have been warned!):

1. Apple PowerMac 8100/110
   Newer Technology MaxPOWR G3 293-300 upgrade card (with box, docs etc)
   Apple NuBus 820-0509-A Video card (better than the built-in but requires
     the right drivers for the G3 card to function properly)
   500MB Apple SCSI drive, blank, formatted, verified.
   2GB IBM SCSI drive, blank, formatted, verified.
   Apple SCSI CDROM drive
   Ethernet adapter

2. Apple PowerMac 6100/66
   Original 6100 DOS card (486/33, if I remember correctly!) plus weird
     "fiddly" video cable and Apple video adapter
   Apple SCSI CDROM drive
   500MB Apple SCSI drive, blank, formatted, verified.
   Ethernet adapter
   64MB RAM
   2GB HDD with OS9
   This was a very reliable desktop machine for me for a very long time. I
     ran with it way after it was very outdated, all the way to acquiring the
     above 8100 (which was also old at the time!).

3. Apple Macintosh Performa 400 (yet to be "cleaned", therefore spec TBA).
   Complete with original Claris Works boxed software (!), ADB keyboard &
     mouse, Macintosh Color Display (Model M1212).
   Belonged to my wife when she was an undergrad.

4. MSI MS5169 motherboard (on ATX carrier) with AMD K6-2 500MHz CPU
   Trusty, now retired, home server mobo. Free to a good home :)
   No RAM, graphics card, NICs.

5. Apple Multiple Scan 14 Display (model M4222)
   Nice, sharp tube.

6. Apple Multiple Scan 17 Display (M2494)
   Very nice monitor, but big and broken. Something in one of the focus
     circuits I think, the picture is very wonky and colour is out of whack.
     Someone with the right knowledge might have some idea how to fix it,
     perhaps.

7. Midi tower case
   AOpen MX3W Pro-E mobo (i810 chipset)
   PIII-800 processor
   52x CDROM drive
   Netgear FA311 NIC
   Samsung SpinPoint 80GB HDD
   ...provenance unknown on this one, I'm afraid. I seem to remember before it
     went in the dustpile it had been crashing on random occasions, which may
     be CPU or memory related. It's just gone through a heap of disk checks
     and formats, and installed FC3 onto various disks with no problems. It'll
     probably fail to boot immediately anyone else tries (FC3 basic install on
     HDD).

...more to follow, mainly assorted spares for various systems, if anybody is
remotely interested!

Graeme