[Nottingham] RFC: Proposed talks/events for 2005

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 12:49:16 GMT 2005

Folks,

 From my list from the end of last year, I'm going to be sketching out
some dates later today.

Here's your chance to give comment/requests. Things can still be changed
as we go along ofcourse.

There's too much to include in just one year of meetings, so any
comments given will be given priority.

What do you folks think?

Regards,
Martin

My ideas for next talks (in no particular order!):

Feb 2005 onwards:

(General)

The nuts and bolts of Linux:
Linux the OS and Linux Freedoms explained

Linux medicine to knock you out! Anaesthesia monitoring in the Operating
Theatre (Nottingham QMC)

Recent examples of Disaster Recovery on PC systems. What worked and what
(still) didn't...

VoIP - Voice over IP

(Geekie)

Compiling your own customised kernel

Network traffic and traffic control:
How to speed up your surfing while maxed out

Using ethereal to find out 'whats going on'(tm), & checking your
password really isn't in plaintext...

Who am I? Authentication and authorization. From passwd to nis to LDAP
and Active Directory.

Intro to Java

Intro to PHP

(Newbie)

File sharing

Audio applications

Image editing applications

Linux desktops &
How to tweak your desktop

(Noobie (:-)) Distros demos

(Noobie (:-)) How to install a linux distribution and how to optimise
the installation

The many ways of email

html editing and how to make a web page

1001 things people do with linux