[Nottingham] Web image gallery generator

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 19:28:21 BST 2005

Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 18:13 +0100, Martin wrote:
>
>>Who can recommend what util for taking a dir of images and producing a
>>pretty web page of clickable thumbnails to take you to the respective
>>image? Part 'B' is to include navigation links so that you can easily
>>click through the gallery.
>>
>>So what's out there?
>

> Presuming you mean something "remote" on a server, as opposed
> (necessarily) to "local" (on a workstation or via X on a server) then
> I'd heartily recommend the appropriately-named Gallery.
>
> http://gallery.menalto.com/
>
> Does exactly what it says on the tin. And then some.

Thanks. That does look good. However...

What I'm looking for is a util just to wrap some html around the image
files to give a title and navigation arrows, and then an index.html of
thumbnails. This can then be navigated locally or uploaded to a
(non-php) web host.

I know the html is only a few lines but hey, if its already been done...

Thanks,

martin at ml1.co.uk