[Nottingham] Mandrake/KDE annoyance

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 11:33:20 BST 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 10:41, David Wolfson wrote:
> Having been using gnome for a while, I've gotten annoyed with various
> things like nautilus, so have decided to give KDE and knonquerer etc a go.
> All fine except for one fairly petty, but significant annoyance. In gnome I
> have no trouble adding custom shortcut draws to the panel, but in KDE the
> only way I seem to be able to do it is by adding whole menus from the
> k-menu. This wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the fact that every time
> I go back into the menu to change them, they seem to reset to their
> defaults! GRRR! Now to be fair to KDE (you kinda have to round here...) it
> could well be to do with mandrake, which seems to like imposing all it's
> own tweaks to everything.
>
> Anyway, am I just being blind and missing the great big "ADD DRAW" button
> somewhere, or is this going to stop me using KDE??? any pointer please?
> Setup is KDE3.2 on downloaded Mandrake10.1...

There are many, many ways to add a drawer to KDE panels and sidebars. In the
absence of your distro vendor providing an easily identified option for this
functionality under KDE, I'd say the quickest way to get what you want is to
drag a dir of applinks to your desired panel and select the option to "add as
quickbrowser". Then, customise to your personal coronary contentment.

Regards,
Michael Erskine

--
<|Rain|> #define struct union /* great space saver */