[Nottingham] Mandrake/KDE annoyance

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 5 11:54:57 BST 2005

>Michael Erskine wrote

>> Anyway, am I just being blind and missing the great big "ADD DRAW" button
>> somewhere, or is this going to stop me using KDE??? any pointer please?
>> Setup is KDE3.2 on downloaded Mandrake10.1...
>
>There are many, many ways to add a drawer to KDE panels and sidebars. In the
>absence of your distro vendor providing an easily identified option for this
>functionality under KDE, I'd say the quickest way to get what you want is to
>drag a dir of applinks to your desired panel and select the option to "add as
>quickbrowser". Then, customise to your personal coronary contentment.

:-D Yay! That's what I wanted. I knew it had to be possilbe. Would have been silly to condem KDE for the want of knowing what to drag and drop!

Now if I can just get them to appear in the order I want!

Cheers for the tip (and the offer of Mandriva 10LE disks martin, I'll get back to you on that one!),

Dave