[Nottingham] samba and my rapidy unravelling sanity...

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 20:12:59 BST 2005

>>I am going bonkers. Why on earth should a samba password change throw all the printing out the window?
>>Other than a couple of niggles (e.g. never decreasing list of old jobs) everything was working fine for
>>months, now, the only way to get anything out of it is via an lpr at a terminal! As print serving is the most
>>common job on this machine and until today this was the best it'd run EVER, I'm now a rather frustrated
>>bunny (can you tell!).
>
>Right. A little calmer now, and maybe a little closer to a solution.

In fact, so close I now have to send one of those slightly embarassing 'errr... sorry guys, fixed it' e-mails... Having done a bit of googling, I decided to try adding a class for the printer, and bingo! windows printouts are going out of fashion here!

Thanks for the advise, and patients with a stroppy man,

Dave