[Nottingham] AGM - Candidates and How to Vote (email vote deadline 5pm)

Godfrey Nix godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 06:21:50 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 12:52, Roger Light wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Today is the day for voting in the new committee. Please do use your vote!
>
> The people standing for committee positions are as follows, listed in
> alphabetical order:
> The deadline for email votes is 5pm. Votes may also be cast at this
> evenings meeting if you are unable to vote by the deadline, but email
> votes are preferred.

Well no one received my vote. As an IT professional, I have a
self-imposed policy of not reading my personal email at work. That means
I was unable to cast my vote for any one of the candidates. I suppose it
does not really matter to me as I have not been able to get to meetings
recently because of family commitments, but as the Founder of the group
many years ago it does sadden me that this limited time has caused upset
amongst the (now considerable) membership.

Anyway, best wishes to all.

Godfrey Nix  CITP MBCS