[Nottingham] AGM - Candidates and How to Vote (email vote deadline 5pm)

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Thu Jul 21 15:09:24 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 14:46 +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> I have to admit that I am slightly disappointed by what's happened over
> the last 48 or so hours, as it has shown (in my opinion) what has
> previously been a fairly happy LUG not to be the case.

I have to say I don't consider the lug to be 'unhappy'. My personal view
is, I feel a mistake was made, if others agree with me, lets try and fix
it, if I'm not agreed with, then obviously I'm just being a whiney git.
I'm happy to accept either way (tho I'll beat anyone who says Im a
whiney git round the head with a giant stuffed tux, be warned {:-) )

I dont feel anyone in the LUG has done anything 'wrong' I feel that
decisions and processes were used that I personally feel inadequate, but
hell, we cant all agree on everything, we'd be bored rigid if we all
agreed on everything (emacs rules, up with gnome!)

I think the lug is doing very well, and I think people are doing a lot
of work on it. I'm annoyed as hell that work keeps stopping me making as
many of the meetings as Id like to, but thats just my businesses needing
extra hands-on right now, and purely myown problem. In no way let my
comments be taken as a criticism of the LUG itself, I simply disagree
with a single procedural event.

I'm quite looking forwards to seeing how the new committee will handle
things. Whether or not I agree with how the voting was done, or whether
or not I think we got the right people in the right places, I think that
this is a great step forwards, and everything new has teething troubles,
this is just one of those. I'm sure the committee will screw up and have
people yelling at them frequently - thats their job (sorry guys, didn't
we tell you that the positions were all just scapegoat roles {:-) ), but
thats just life, and the LUG will settle down into its new shape after a
while, and I think it will be better than ever.

I'm hoping to see some good organisation of upcoming events, now we have
a chain of command, as it were, and I'm hoping we'll see the LUG being
even more productive than before.
--
Michael Simms - CEO, Tux Games
http://www.tuxgames.com