[Nottingham] AGM - Candidates and How to Vote (email vote deadline 5pm)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 18:29:17 BST 2005

David Aldred wrote:
[---]
> I'vve just read the Constitution again......

In true Open Source style, its good to have another look-over.

I like the comment to invalidate all present complaints. As for the
other points, well... ermmm... Oooops!

> However, for the future, ISTM that email voting needs to be made possible, as
> no-one (other than the formal constitution wording) seems to have thought it
> wouldn't be!

That has always been the intention from my understanding of discussions.
The first draft was also intended mainly as a means of 'getting the
group going'.

> I would go along with Michael's suggestion that we need an EGM to amend the
> constitution; however, the amendment I would propose would be to Standing
> Orders
[---]

Good points.

> Martin mentioned proxy voting: that's a whole different piscine cooking
> implement, and unless we *really* want it I'd say don't go there!

I'll easily agree to dropping the 'proxy' suggestion due to the
over-complexity.

For general discussion? Or a meet-up?

(I guess a little 'debugging' is to be expected.)

What do people feel?

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk