[Nottingham] AGM

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 16:31:29 BST 2005

Michael Leuty wrote:
> On Friday 22 Jul 2005 16:00, Martin wrote:
>
>>We have that already with this maillist and then the "nlug_geeks"
>>list.
>
> I'm relieved to hear of the existence of this alternate list. Does this
> mean that non-geek users like myself are still welcome on the main
> list?

All those whom are in some way connected with NLUG are welcome. We just
keep the mundane "who's getting kicked to do what" stuff to the geeks
list. The maillist gets most stuff except that which would hit the SNR
too badly.

>>The geek list is unmoderated
>
> And this one?

Both are 'unmoderated' except that the plug gets pulled on miscreants
eventually if any complaints are roused. The geeks list is faster in
that there are zero checks and fewer people.

For general info:

There's Duncan F and myself as admins for the nlug maillist, Godfrey N
also has access. Its just me that hacked the nlug_geeks list on a spare
server.

Anyone wanting to be on the nlug_geeks list AND are interested in
helping out, please email me.

martin at ml1.co.uk