[Nottingham] wanted an AVI File splitter & Nero Project file converter

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Thu Jul 28 12:50:59 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 12:34 +0100, Tony Shaw wrote:
> Hello to one and all,
> Can anyone out there let me know if there is a way of splitting large
> AVI files (over 700MB) into smaller files via Linux, so that I can then
> burn them onto CD-ROM and play them back on my DIVX DVD player as I can
> only do so at the moment via Microbe Softie Bindows.

A wav file is smply PCM audio data, it is possible to calculate the size
of each sample of data, as there is no compression involved. Then you
can simply use the split command to split the file into sizes you like
as long as they align on a boundry of a sound sample

> Also can anyone let me know if there is a way of converting Nero Burning
> ROM Project into ISO file, as the only updates that I can find for my
> DIVX DVD Player are in Nero project file format & I would prefer to not
> to have to use Bindows to burn the info to disk.

I dont know how to convert between iso and nero but, if speed isnt of
the essense, write a cd and then dd the cd onto your linux filesystem. I
thought that nero could write ISO however, I know it can certainly read
it.
Alternatively, use gcombust or another linux cd program to create an iso
natively on linux.

--
Michael Simms - CEO, Tux Games
http://www.tuxgames.com