[Nottingham] More kit for whoever wants it

Tom Bird tom at marmot.org.uk
Thu Jul 28 12:59:03 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 21:42 +0100, Simon wrote:
> I'd be interested in the SparcStation 5 and monitor, but sadly I don't drive :(

The kit can stay around to be picked up from here if required, or maybe
a LUG member that does drive can redistribute some of it.

I'll keep a list here of who wants what, so if you do actually want it,
let me know -- http://janeway.marmot.org.uk/~tom/nottslug-kit.txt

Don't be put off by the SS10 only being 40MHz, it's a very strong 40MHz.
There's 1MB of cache per CPU and I reckon it's actually faster than the
SS5, certainly if you have something that spreads nicely over multiple
processors.

The 715 is also quite nice, there's a 24 bit display card in it.

--
Tom

Retford, UK