[Nottingham] Broadband ISP and Modem advice wanted

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 20:16:36 BST 2005

Peter

> I am on Freedom 2 Surf. It is 512M (down to me) and  unlimited!!!!
> (£22.50/m)
> BUT, it is not clear from their site that it is still offered.
> I got the impression that new subs would get a byte limited offer.

I'm on f2s also (but the 2M speed), from about a month ago. I was on
pipex before (512k).

If you're worried about the capped bandwidth I suggest checking with
your modem how much you actually use. I was surprised that our
multi-PC'ed household uses only (typically) 1Gb a month so the 2Gb cap
is not realistically a problem. The extra bandwidth is so cheap that you
can get several Gb for the price of a pint.

Also f2s throw in 200Mb of web space with cgi and php. Finally, 1am to
6am is unlimited so you can still do heavy downloads if you schedule
them for that time. And I'm saving a tenner a month over pipex!

-Cam