[Nottingham] NTL cablemodem off power

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu Jun 9 18:49:53 BST 2005

I know this isn't an NTL list, but some of you here use it & might know!

Due to work on the electrics in the room where the computers live, the power
to the NTL cablemodem will have to be off for a while tomorrow.   I don't
know how long - could be ten minutes, could be a few hours.

Is there likely to be any problem with the connection when it's powered up
again, or should it simply start flashing all its little lights happily
again?  It's never minded a few minutes without power before, but there's
never been a reason to switch it off, so it would have been accidental
(blowing a fuse, or kicking the switch!) and very short term.

(I'm assuming it's likely to change its IP address, but that's not an issue as
nothing external should be addressing it by IP).

--
David Aldred