[Nottingham] User-mode-linux alternatives

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Tue Jun 14 10:02:14 BST 2005

I've been playing around with user-mode-linux for a while now, and have
been really impressed with uml, as well as the bash scripts that set it
all up (UMLazi for example) however I'm a little tired of the bad press
it's getting compared to its alternatives. The alternatives I've been
considering are:

Xen - amazingly amazing feature set, but an absolute whore to install
and maintain.
vserver - really easy to install, maintain and administer, but I've only
found Paul Sladen using it ;)

Does anyone here have any experience in this area? If so, where did you
learn what you now know?

Thanks in advance, and I'm back in Nottingham in 2 weeks, so will be
able to come to a meet or two!

Matthew Walster