[Nottingham] User-mode-linux alternatives

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 10:24:45 BST 2005

Matthew

> I've been playing around with user-mode-linux for a while now, and have
> been really impressed with uml, as well as the bash scripts that set it
> all up (UMLazi for example) however I'm a little tired of the bad press
> it's getting compared to its alternatives. The alternatives I've been
> considering are:
>
> Xen - amazingly amazing feature set, but an absolute whore to install
> and maintain.

Don't know if it helps but Xen has been fully integrated into the newly
released Fedora Core 4

 From the release notes:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES

       "Xen is a virtual machine that can
        securely run multiple operating systems in their own sandboxed
        domains. Xen has been integrated into Fedora Core to work in a
        seamless   fashion.   You  can  read  more  about  Xen  at
        http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/virtualization/."

No I haven't tried it yet.

-Cam

--