[Nottingham] flexLM and clock error

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 10:31:42 BST 2005

We have a piece of comericial software with a flexLM licence, running on a RH9 machine. A while ago we had a couple of power related problems (one surge that blew the motherboard, and then the boss blew the power with some dodgy soldering!), which caused the clock to reset (sometime in 1929?). Once this was set again most things ran fine, but the licence file had identified that the clock had been 'diddled with' (I believe that is the technical term), and this software will now not run.

The software people have sent though a couple of programs to try and fix this, but nothing seems to have worked. They're still trying, but I wondered if the list might have any suggestions...

Cheers,

Dave