[Nottingham] Re: Seriously weird Apache permission problem

Matt nottlug at spandex.nildram.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 21:03:36 BST 2005

JG> I've fixed this by changing the perms on the directory to 755 ..
JG> still not sure why some of the files in there were accessible,
JG> when others weren't. A server cache issue, maybe?

I had a similarly frustrating problem recently when I updated the
certificate for SSL and it seemed to somehow still be using the old
(expired) certificate... scratched my head for 2 days. Turned out that
it was because I was just 'gracefully' restarting and it worked when I
actually stopped apache then started it.

Matt