[Nottingham] Possible new PC...

Andy Davidson andyd at lug.org.uk
Sun Jun 19 12:20:20 BST 2005

On 13 Jun 2005, at 18:15, David Aldred wrote:

> Oh, and whilst the 64-bit version is probably preferable, is there
> any reason why a 32-bit install wouldn't work?

Hi,

It will work a treat, I have Debian Sarge (32 bit) running on a
number of SMP Opterons at work.  Here's hoping a 64 bit port will be
pegged as stable someday soonish, but this is not relevant to this post.

The machines are still very powerful, and it does get around the
large memory problem.

-a

--
Regards, Andy Davidson