[Nottingham] gtkam probs

Matt Bunter matt.bunter at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 20 19:14:57 BST 2005

David Aldred wrote:

>On Sunday 19 June 2005 14:43, Matt Bunter wrote:
>

>>gtkam has no trouble finding the camera, or showing the images. When I
>>try and save the images to a directory I get the following :
>>

>>Problem getting 'IMG_1452.JPG' from folder '/DCIM/114CANON'.
>>
>>where IMG_1452.JPG is one of many photos on the camera.
>>
>>Pointers anybody?
>>

>AFAIK all gtkam is doing is copying the file across (I use Digikam, though,
>which my be different).
>
>What happens if you use a console and cp the file from the camera path to
>where you want it?

There is no DCIM directory when I use a shell (as root).

What I did discover was this :

root at wombat:/# gphoto2 --auto-detect
Model                          Port
Canon PowerShot S45 (normal mode) usb:
root at wombat:/# gphoto2 -a
Abilities for camera             : Canon PowerShot S45 (normal mode)
Serial port support              : no
USB support                      : yes
Capture choices                  :
                                 : Image
                                 : Preview
Configuration support            : yes
Delete files on camera support   : yes
File preview (thumbnail) support : yes
File upload support              : no

So, no uploading of files, how bloody stupid. I was able to do this
before using gtkam, why would they change such an important facet ?

If anybody knows how to change this, I'd love to hear from them,
otherwise I think that I'm b*gg*r*d.

rgs,

Matt