[Nottingham] Evangelism

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 10:10:09 BST 2005

David Aldred wrote:

> How have you found OOo2.0?   I tried a beta not too long ago, and found the
> database prone to crashes, and the mailmerge functionality still a long way
> from the main competition: I use both quite a lot (specifically for label
> production: I haven't found any really efficient way of producing a catalogue
> under OOo from a database).

Make sure you get the latest builds, as a lot of fixes have gone in. I
found the early beta 2 releases almost unusable, and now I'm managing
with them.

It does seem that the features around the periphery (in my case,
documents with OLE, recording changes, mergeing changes) have been
broken then improved.

BTW if you report problems to the OOo team they do give them attention
and fix them. I'm staggered by people in the business that will try the
package then grumble and drop it, without so much as submitting a bug...

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--