[Nottingham] [Social] Tomorrow 02 Mar 2005, NLUG Social Meet

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 16:20:58 GMT 2005

Michael Quaintance wrote:
[...]
> Does anyone mind if I just turn up at tomorrow's social?

You'll be very welcome.

> Also how inclusive is the group generally?...

I'm not sure. I do use lots of "#include' in my programmings. Tends to
save typing lots of the same stuff repeatedly.

I would guess we all have very individualistic programming styles. Makes
for good discussions...

> Also some are quite adamant that Emacs is the way forward and vi should
> be relegated to the bog of eternal stench. Without wishing to start a

This all part of the fun of Open Source. We can all be open and follow
our own ideas and generate even more discussion...

[...]
> seemed right at the time (most of them still do).

Well, there's always another real ale to try (says he who's a right
half-pint and can't make it past the first bar pump (:-/)

> If I don't see any messages to the contrary before I leave work tomorrow
> evening, I'll just turn up at the Sir John at 7:15pm ish. I look forward
> to seeing people there.

Sounds good, and see you there.

I should be sporting a very short beard by then (:-))

Contrary to all the beer references, non-drinkers are welcome also.

martin at ml1.co.uk