[Nottingham] KDE Startup problem

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Fri Mar 11 20:23:23 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Friday 11 March 2005 8:06, David Aldred wrote:
> - Everything runs extremely slowly (switching to a console and doing top
> reveals a kedinit process taking 99%+ or processor time: killing that gets
> things going faster).

Find out the actual name of that kdeinit with: ps aux | grep $pid (where $pid
is the pid of the rogue kdeinit).  I think you'll find it is a knotify.

My guess is that you can fix the problem by deleting
~/.kde/share/apps/kwin/eventsrc (but sending me a copy of it first :)

I'll be giving a presentation in May in which I will reveal the purpose of
kdeinit :)

g'day

-Charles