[Nottingham] Re: Making PCs from parts

Simon Osborne flibble at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:30:28 GMT 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:42:28 +0000, David Aldred
<david at familyaldred.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 Mar 2005 17:52, Simon Osborne wrote:
> > For local, Web-Systems in Bulwell http://www.web-systems.co.uk
>
> More than one person have recommended them: does anyone know if they are
> Linux-savvy?  That is, if I wer to buy a PC from them and ask whether it's
> all Linux-compatible, would they know, or do I need to get the full gory
> details of each component and check first?

You would probably have to check but to be honest most of the stuff
will work. You won't have any problems with CPU or RAM. Some
motherboards are better under Linux than others. And a rule that
nVidia based cards are OK, ATI ones are awful in Linux.

The staff at web systems don't know Linux afaik.

Simon