[Nottingham] [Fwd: O'Reilly UK - User Group Newsletter Issue 07-05]

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Tue May 10 22:08:45 BST 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 09:49, msemtd wrote:

>     3. Something for David Aldred
I'd like:

Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL, 2nd Edition
 ISBN: 0-596-00543-1

      please!

> I half-heartedly propose that the books remain
> the property of NottlUG to form a library, but then where would the library
> reside and who would manage it? Perhaps the books should remain the
> property of the reviewer for their reviewing efforts. The latter would be a
> damn sight easier to manage!

Easier to manage, and perhaps more helpful to O'Reilly!  After all, the
purpose of offering free books for review is usually to help people decide to
buy the book themselves, rather than to get them to borrow it from the local
LUG library!

Though, of course, there's nothing to stop individuals lending their books
among friends....

--
David Aldred