[Nottingham] Secure deletion of files

Michael Simms michael at linuxgamepublishing.com
Wed May 25 18:15:30 BST 2005

If you dont mind losing the partition contents, or can copy them to
another partition (which will only copy actual files not deleted ones)
you can dd the disc partition from /dev/zero or /dev/random to blank it
completely (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdb1 for example).
If its your boot partition, its harder, but google may tell you some
tool that may exist to do it.

--
Michael Simms - CEO, Linux Game Publishing
http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com