[Nottingham] WLAN Problems

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri May 27 14:54:11 BST 2005

I don't know about that device, but I have ndiswrapper working on
debian/ubuntu computers. The main gotcha I had was having (non-working)
linux drivers loaded before the ndiswrapper driver was being loaded.

You can't be that much of a newbie if you've got as far as installing
ndiswrapper and looking at dmesg.

Use lsmod to see what modules are loaded (and maybe post the output here
if it doesn't make any sense) and then use rmmod to remove anything that
might be in the way.

The other possibility is that there is more than one variant of the
network card you have and not all are supported.

Rob