[Nottingham] Blackbox probs

Matt Bunter matt.bunter at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 30 19:40:10 BST 2005

All (but in particular Johannes),

Got Blackbox installed, version 0.65.0-3 on Kubuntu 5.04 (with
multiverse and universe sources).

First impressions : fast but ALOT of configuration will be required. So
I've psyched myself up for this.

Anyway first problem : No ~/.blackbox was created - so I created one and
configured a menu file. Details below.

[begin] (Blackbox)
  [exec] (xterm) {xterm}
  [exec] (Firefox) {mozilla-firefox}
  [exec] (Thunderbird) {mozilla-thunderbird}
  [exec] (MPlayer) {gmplayer}
  [restart] (Restart)
  [exit] (Exit)
[end]

Restarted X - didn't work.
Rebooted - didn't work.

So I've now passed 30 mins searching for the default Blackbox menu and
I'll be damned if I can find it.

Sorry to complain, its been very hot here in Lyon, France (temperature
and politics) recently and I think that I've got heat-stroke.

Regards,

Matt