[Nottingham] Awareness day Linux propaganda

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Thu Nov 3 12:47:24 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 12:31 +0000, Simon wrote:
> Last week I personally sent a request to Ubuntu to ask if they have
> any Linux posters etc we could use for the awareness days. I didn't
> get any response. So I was wondering, is there anybody on the list who
> is a current or ex-employee of a Linux related company who could
> perhaps get some posters and any other advertising material? It
> doesn't matter if it's slightly out of date.

I have a giant banner for my company (not sure how appropriate that is
seeing as its the LUG awareness day not my companies {;-) But it has a
big Tux on it, so I'll let others less biased decide if they want me to
bring it), and I was planning on dishing out some free Tshirts to LUG
members that helped out (assuming they arrive in time, they are due to
arrive next thursday, which is definitely cutting it a bit close...)

Dont have enough t-shirts to give them out to any tom, dick or harriett
that turns up to find out about Linux, but I could probably manage to
drop a few into the laps of people that seemed incredibly enthusiastic.

I have a huge collection of 3,000 extra large extra heavy duty plastic
carrier bags with Tux on them, but nothing to put in them. If anyone has
freebies to give away then we could probably put together a 'give-away'
bag with some posters and literature and those ubuntu CDs if they arrive
on time.
--
Michael Simms - CEO, Tux Games
http://www.tuxgames.com