[Nottingham] Awareness day Linux propaganda

Simon flibble at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:53:10 GMT 2005

On 11/3/05, Michael Simms <michael at tuxgames.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 12:31 +0000, Simon wrote:
> > Last week I personally sent a request to Ubuntu to ask if they have
> > any Linux posters etc we could use for the awareness days. I didn't
> > get any response. So I was wondering, is there anybody on the list who
> > is a current or ex-employee of a Linux related company who could
> > perhaps get some posters and any other advertising material? It
> > doesn't matter if it's slightly out of date.
>
> I have a giant banner for my company (not sure how appropriate that is
> seeing as its the LUG awareness day not my companies {;-) But it has a
> big Tux on it, so I'll let others less biased decide if they want me to
> bring it), and I was planning on dishing out some free Tshirts to LUG
> members that helped out (assuming they arrive in time, they are due to
> arrive next thursday, which is definitely cutting it a bit close...)
>
> Dont have enough t-shirts to give them out to any tom, dick or harriett
> that turns up to find out about Linux, but I could probably manage to
> drop a few into the laps of people that seemed incredibly enthusiastic.
>
> I have a huge collection of 3,000 extra large extra heavy duty plastic
> carrier bags with Tux on them, but nothing to put in them. If anyone has
> freebies to give away then we could probably put together a 'give-away'
> bag with some posters and literature and those ubuntu CDs if they arrive
> on time.

I'm trying to arrange some things to stick into the bags. Failing
that, printing a load of leaflets I can do also.

I've fired off a load of emails to various Linux companies in the UK
asking for help. Fingers crossed.

Oh I also emailed Canonical directly to ask, nicely, if there is any
possibility to hurry the CDs up :)

Simon