[Nottingham] Proposal

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Fri Nov 4 01:12:33 GMT 2005

I would like to make a proposal.

I would suggest we create an extra list, for people willing to
contribute time and effort to events such as the awareness day, the info
points, the proposed linux classes, stuff like that.

There is nothing wrong with people just wanting to be on the mailing
list and not turn up to events, but of we had an extra list then we
could use that list as a way to coordinate events. This way when an
event is arranged we can just post an announcement or two to the main
list, and people who want to help can join the conversation on the
events list.

This will a) reduce the noise ratio for people that dont care about the
events, and b) make sure we know who we can call on to help out at
events without wasting the time of others.

I would expect that most people who would join the events list would
stay on the main list too, so as to not effectively split the group
(which would in my opinion be a bad idea).

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks
--
Michael Simms - CEO, Tux Games