Linux usability (was Re: [Nottingham] Response on awareness day)

Joe Wrigley joe at wrigley.me.uk
Fri Nov 4 09:28:10 GMT 2005

> Lotus (before IBM) were really into this. They spent ages and lots of
> money 'perfecting' the user experience for non-developer users. What
> they produced was horrible.

When I was working as an intern at IBM, I was shocked (and somewhat
disgusted) to find that most people still used the Lotus office suite
for word processor etc. Even worse, we had to use Lotus Notes for all
our email and associated gubbins. Ugh, it was so incredibly horrible to use.

At least they had internal mirrors of all the major distributions which
were insanely quick to download :-)

Joe