[Nottingham] Response on awareness day

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Thu Nov 3 16:40:19 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 16:15 +0000, Matthew Walster wrote:

> So, what we need to do is collar someone who uses Windows, has no interest in
> computer (and especially Linux) and sit them down in front of (say,) an
> Ubuntu box, and make a list of the questions they ask - like "how do I open
> word"?
>
> You wouldn't believe the startling information you get from that situation.
> Relatives are prime opportunity for this.

I have to say my experience with that is completely different. I set up
a linux box for my mother and brother and sister (13 and 14 at the
time), and they were fine with it, no problems using it. I did take a
while setting things up, but not a prohibitive amount of time.

And suffice to say, my mother is NO computer expert, but she used it all
the time quite easilly.
--
Michael Simms - CEO, Tux Games
http://www.tuxgames.com