[Nottingham] Geographical independence of electronic commuincation

Joe Wrigley joe at wrigley.me.uk
Fri Nov 4 10:16:11 GMT 2005

Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> Simple question really,
> Of the list members who have no interest in the geographically based LUG activities
> why do you feel Nottingham LUG is/was/could be a better place to hang out and talk Linux than
> one (or all) of the many news groups (uk.comp.os.linux, comp.os.*, etc) or any other LUG for that matter ?

I lived in Nottingham for 3 years while at uni, and I met my now-wife at
the only LUG meeting I ever actually attended. I guess I've stayed
subscribed out of habit, and I mostly only lurk. I'm also subscribed to
SBLug (South Birmingham) although Wolves would probably more appropriate
as I now live in Walsall.

Joe