[Nottingham] Geographical independence of electronic commuincation

Andy Brown nlug at jester.nu
Fri Nov 4 10:21:31 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:

>Of the list members who have no interest in the geographically based
>LUG activities why do you feel Nottingham LUG is/was/could be a
>better place to hang out and talk Linux than one (or all) of the many
>news groups (uk.comp.os.linux, comp.os.*, etc) or any other LUG for
>that matter ?

The thing is, I'm not necessarily uninterested in local linux stuff,
just not interested enough to rearrange evrything else I'm doing.
I am interested in what's happening locally, and there may come a
point at which I again get myself organised to attend meetings and
stuff.

I've also got an eye on a couple of newsgroups to see what's happening
elsewhere.

--
Andy Brown